red or albino tail sharks

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
from what i read you can only have 1 shark in the tank at once anymore i suppose they dont get along...i would like to have 2 or 3 redtail or albinos at once but can i...also what type can i have have has tankmates...

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
you can only get one sorry... You just dont have enough territory for more than one... Maybe if you had a 55 gallon you could get three but I would never get just two... one would get beat up, if you had three it would be not as bad but you dont have the space for three...

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
i used to have 1 red tail and a bunch of tiger barbs in this tank and it seemed to work good...do u know any other types besideds barbs that would go good....

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
Barbs are definitely the first thing that came to mind when I think of tankmates for a RTS. I think I would stay away from too many bottom dwellers but I think most "peaceful" fish would work as long as they are fast like danios or certain tetras. It really depends on what you want but I would stay away from a pleco of a pair of smaller territorial cichlids, which also stay near the bottom.

But anyways if you dont want barbs Id go with a decent school of tetras, rasboras, or danios...and then maybe a gourami.. this should work....

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
i am think 2 diff types of tanks and its tuff to starty all over and try to choose which way to go...the tank has plent of rock and hiding areas along with a bunch of fake plants...it really looks cool...my kids want the rts...they think i can get a whole bunch of them but as it seems i cant...so i was thing 1 rts or albino shark and the rest a mix of barbs or the total opposite and go with a nice school of vout 10 rasboras and a couple of rainbow or hi fin blood red sowrdtails for a nice peaceful tank .....descions to be made ...lol

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
My RTS(A) gets along with my guppies, corys, swords, and vampire shrimp. He only has a problem with the simese alage eater. He even left my RCS alone when they were in there.
Yeah I was going to say the RTS will get along with most schools of fish. Just make sure you have lots of hiding places. More than one RTS in the tank would be a bad idea thought :( ... At juvenile ages its okay, but no matter what tank really, when they become adults they get REALLY CRANKY and can terrorize a tank, let alone its own species. People have bent this rule before, because every individual fish personality is different but 90% of the time, it will be a no-go~

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
well i just added the first fish to my tank and its 3 gold bard...they are already a pretty good size...i will leave them by themselves for a few days then on friday go get 1 more gold barb and the rts....not sure either the albino or black ones...then after that i will get 4 green tiger barbs and a few cory for the bottom....