Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

Why Does My Tank Smell Like Ammonia Days After I Clean It?

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by JRvz89, Jul 11, 2017.

1. JRvz89

JRvz89 New Fish

Hey everybody! I need some help. My 5 gallon tank has 6 dwarf frogs, 2 gold mystery snails and 1 netrite snail. It used to also have 2 rose gold tux Guppies, 2 Neon Tetras and 2 turquoise Guppies (I didn't know then that it was WAY TOO MUCH for the size tank that I have leading the ADF to kill the fish )

Anyways the tank smelled like ammonia so my wife and I went to our local pet store to have the water tested and the level of ammonia was really high. We went home and took out the frogs, snails, gravel and decor, cleaned the tank and the gravel, put everything back in the tank with clean water and everything was good up until this morning. It lasted about 4 days without the smell of ammonia. What could it be?

2. slamdi

slamdi New Fish

Your tank is still over-crowded.
    A good rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish (or frog or other water animal) per gallon.
    You need a bigger tank, or another one :)

3. slamdi

slamdi New Fish

By the way--It is much easier to maintain a 55 gallon tank than a 5 gallon tank.
    And you can have 55 little water critters with no over crowding.

4. Aquariumadvice.online

I Think > You need a bigger tank :)

[​IMG]

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!