Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

What should I get for my 2 gallon tank?

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by Lanie, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Lanie

Lanie New Fish

Hi! I'm new to this so please excuse the anything wrong.

Okay, so I have a 2 gallon tank that had a betta (Barney) who recently passed away. It was really sad because this was my first real fish(besides for the ones you win at the carnival and stuff), but I also have an African dwarf frog named Frogo. I was looking for something I can put in a separate 2 gallon tank that's not a fish, like for example an ADF. I was thing of a shrimp or snail, but I don't know what yet. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance

2. RynnTinn

RynnTinn New Fish

Hello! I realize this has been posted quite a while ago, but if you're still looking for something to put in a 2 gallon, I would recommend either shrimp or snails. 2 gallons is just too small for any fish... even a betta. The bare minimum for a betta would be 2.5 gallons, but I'd recommend 3. Shrimp and snails can live in very small tanks however, as they don't really need 'swimming room'. Also shrimp and snails are very fun pets with a surprising amount of personality, and are generally easy to take care of! (Just do a little research beforehand) Hope I helped!

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!