Water looks milky

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I put my sand in the tank, made the water look milky, I took my HOB filter from my old 55g FW tank and hung it in my sump, appears to be helping to clear the water up.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
it is just suspended particulate and actually this silt is good....let it settle out. Once you add your rock it will probably clear really fast. I set up my 75 on Saturday .....waited a week it was still milky.....added live rock the following Sunday and by Monday afternoon it was crystal clear. I think the bacteria in the rock will attache to all that particulate and weigh it down.....you'd be surprised how fast it settles once you put your rock in.....oh and with a shrimp/goby pair......they will stir up the sand and create sandstorms fairly often..... all good btw... :)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I guess from your latest thread you either didn't see this or decided that you didn't want to let it settle. As stated the live rock would have settled the dust storm....you could then just take a mag float and run it over the inside the glass and it would have removed any sand dust settled there....... sorry but in my opinion you have gone to a whole lot of extra work for nothing....per the attached pics....this was the process over a week or so

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

feel free to check out the slide show..above link :)