Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

Location of powerhead

Discussion in 'Saltwater General Discussion' started by Fishfreak, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Fishfreak

Fishfreak Large Fish

I put my power head on the right side of the tank about 4" above the middle.
    It is pointing down a little bit. Is this a good location? Should it point down or up?

2. aresgod

aresgod Superstar Fish

um I generally point it up a little to get some surface agitation, depending on how much you have already

3. yamahaguy06

yamahaguy06 Large Fish

Ummm, long time no see, huh, good question 4 me to, I'm going to be putting 2 powerheads in my 60 gallon hex, K. now because it's a hex(I wish I had a normal tank)lol, there is no cuculation on the bottum because my flval output is way up top, so I'm going to place the power heads about 5 inch down and point at bottom. Does this sound good??? and I'm going to go with good(powerfull powerheads so they can reach the bottom, or enough to kick it up a lil) thnx see ya around *PEACE!* *PEACE!*

4. S.Reef

S.Reef Superstar Fish

Yeah...generally you would want them up to form surface agitATION...however its not that important.

5. yamahaguy06

yamahaguy06 Large Fish

thanx S. reef, umm I saw a little adaptor or atatchment thing for powerheads that you put on the end and it like twirls around I guess to make the water go in like a 360 dagree motion or sumthing> oh and sorry about my spelling. but do you think the would move the water around a little more? *PEACE!*

6. aresgod

aresgod Superstar Fish

actually it decrease the amount of water flow, but imcrease the different areas it is flowing too

7. S.Reef

S.Reef Superstar Fish

yeah...what aresgod said.

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!