Light for a 29 gallon reef tank?

T.Shaw

Small Fish
Sep 20, 2011
Kansas
Hey ryanm19,
I just caught that your from Kansas too *thumbsups haha check us out, on the radar and s***... I'm down south from you right outside of Wichita. Absolutely love Lawrence though had some good times there lol. We are making a trip almost right through there this weekend. Gonna take the wife to check out the "Most haunted town in Kansas" (Atchison, KS) since its October. They have all kinds of Halloween crap going on if you have never heard of it.

Good to know there are other people from Kansas out there Tank'in! Cheers bro

T.Shaw

Small Fish
Sep 20, 2011
Kansas
I would love to someday have a Flame Angel. They are my favorite saltwater fish, but they are not compatible with all reefs. I have read "Reef Safe, With Cation" on many websites about them. Have you ever had 1 KcMopar?

I will probably just go with a "Reef Package" deal off the internet. When I am ready to go Reef. Something similar to this one;
30 - 90 Gallon Reef Pack - Free Shipping on Entire Order!

I do already have a "fish only" SW tank up and running currently though. I got 1 Coral Beauty Angel, 2 Domino Damsels, 1 Three Striped Damsel and 2 Green Spotted Puffers.
It took me about a month to get the puffers switched from fresh water, to brackish, and then to saltwater. They are doing great though. They have been in complete saltwater now for about 2 weeks. Its weird they look more healthy now then they did when they were in freshwater. They used to have kinda "dark" colored bellies. I read that that is sometimes is a sign of stress. Now that there in the SW though there bellies are solid white! They seem to love it *thumbsups

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Thats awesome that your puffers are doing well. The flame angel is like the coral beauty, its with caution. My coral beauty does just fine in my reef set-up. Every now and then I see him nip a button polyp or nip at one of the snails but, since my algae turf scrubber is going good now and I can feed a lot he is just fine. I have not seen him nip at all in the last two months. Thats a nice cleaning crew pack too. Also check out liveaquaria.com . They have a build your own pack that can be tailored to what you want. Easy Buy Bundles - Build Your Own Reef Cleaner Package .