Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

I dont want red devil to get hurt

Discussion in 'Cichlid Discussion' started by aghenthe, Nov 30, 2011.

1. aghenthe

aghenthe Small Fish

My red devil has now started jumping up out of her water and smacking the hood. Is this normal behavior? And I think she is hurting herself because she constantly swims from side to side of the tank at full speed ramming her mouth into the glass. I hear loud smacking and a pop noise over n over as she does this. Its almost a constant thing now. I dont want her to get hurt but I dont have any idea why she does all these things or if there is any way to fix it?? Any advice would be great. Thank you!

2. KcMopar

KcMopar Superstar Fish

My red devil would bump the hood when she wanted food. They also like your attention too and will act strange to get it. Mine liked to play with a plastic toy baseball just like my Oscars do.

3. Fuzz16

Fuzz16 Superstar Fish

is your water ok? it could just be big personality showing and trying to get what he wants, or theres something wrong with the water and hes trying to escape it.

4. wolfman jenkins

wolfman jenkins Small Fish

You think that's bad just wait till the (RED PHOENIX KING CICHLID) gets here he grows huge and body length of 32 inches the red devil won't just hit his head on the tank lid he'll be on the floor trying to escape the attack of my RED PHOENIX CICHLID.

5. Cichlids-r-beasts

I'd like to see a picture of your "red Phoenix cichlid"

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!