Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

How to clean a fluval 404

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by gump clipper, Jan 12, 2007.

1. gump clipper

gump clipper Small Fish

Ive just got a new tank with a fluval 404 filter, ive always had internal filters so have no idea what to do with this bad boy,can any one help with how to clean it first, with out destroying the bacteria cos its come full of water and i think not far off being ready to go, and set up tips any advice would be great cheers.

2. Guysy1110

Guysy1110 Large Fish

Well once your tank is cylced i think you will need to do filter maintanace every month, perhaps ? depending on what fish you are keeping.

I have an eheim canister filter, i just change the floss, and put the lid back on and im good to go.

Guysy

3. gump clipper

gump clipper Small Fish

do they need primeing or are they plug and play?

4. tropicalfish

tropicalfish Large Fish

Does it have a manual?

5. gump clipper

gump clipper Small Fish

No got a second hand tank, my partner recieved it but didnt ask any thing i was at work, she wouldnt of had a clue anyway

6. Guysy1110

Guysy1110 Large Fish

Im not too sure by what you mean with plug and play. i just hooked up the tank with an intake and outflow with tubing and turned it on.

Sometimes theres an air bubble in the canister so i take one tube off, suck water down the tube and before it goes all over the floor i push it back into the filter intake/outake and it fills up.

Could you give more info please :)

Guysy

7. tropicalfish

tropicalfish Large Fish

found that on Hagen website

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!