i want anemones lots of it
how much can i keep
etc etc etc
what do you say?*BOUNCINGS

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the tank isnt really big enough IMO... are ther other corals in the tank? what type of lighting? it can be done but i wouldnt keep more than 1 in there

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
Would like to understand the chemistry of their outputs through water circulation what is the area of benifit to my tank of their keeping
what are there most likely enemies
what do they trade their stock of food
beaded anemone are serious pollution creater in nature(is it true?)
you tell
like amonia secreation by anyway
or what is their speed of generating waste
by the truth my name is stalion goeng
and you?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
a 30 gallon tank in my opinion is too small for most anemones. The common types in the hobby such as a rose/green bubble tip often if healthy can reach upwards of 12 inches across when fully inflated as can a long tentacle anemone can also get that big. A carpet anemone can get even bigger. These anemones are not fussy on what they will sting and some are even fish eaters.......my lta killed and tried to consume my foxface rabbit fish. Condylactis anemones ARE fish eaters and though they don't get as large also sting anything they can reach. Tube anemones are also big stingers.

Anemones are photo dependant that means that you must have sufficient lighting to support them as they gain most of their nutrition from the light through their zoanthelle with supplemental feeding of meaty fish pieces approximately every two weeks or so depending on the actual specimen's requirements. They do not like a lot of flow though flow is necessary to bring food to them. Their biggest threat is powerheads....more than one anemone has been shredded by a powerhead. especially in a small tank where they are unable to get away from the powerhead if they are large.

My advice is that unless you have a large tank, stable and pristine parameters and high lighting I would pass on one......

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
actully lorna u seem very precautious
my hobby is insanly dependent on care but now it is madly in love
my tank is 1 year old now
polloution level is low
i only want to ask
1 year old 30 gallon nano may stand 5 beaded anemones with 7 fishes and 5 corals
with 6.178 watt per gallon light
if yes then ill would like to bring one home tonight and then lets see how it works

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
another help
i checked my tank with a little brused finger i felt electric current
with normal fingers it not there
is this normal
or should i check everything
must be coming from that new power head
its very little
is this harful for my anemone anyway
or for fish

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
what is grounding probe
please be more specific
so i can remove this problem
the current is still their
and i sensed some stress in my fishes also
like moving to fast and breathing little extra

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
the grounding probe removes stray voltage from aquarium water.
SW conducts the voltage very well...basically it takes the electricity out of the water to the power outlet, on his ground line. If your power outlet is grounded (supposed to be but some old houses don't have some), you should definitely try it.
Considering your filtration + new fishies in the tank, the major fish stress shouldn't be the stray voltage, but still it should be resolved eventually.