Help!my goldfish sitting on bottom of tank

Dec 23, 2016
Hello
Pls help me i have 2comet golfish and i didnt knew about nitrogen cycle and i have put them in new tank 5days ago.i do 30% water changes daily and there is no water testing kit in my area one of my goldfish looks healthy but other with clamped fins sits on bottom of tank his fins were clamped from the first day of tank and before they were in bowl for week.i give him methylene blue bath too for 30mins but he only comes up during feeding time then goes back again and sit in one place yesterday i saw stringy white poop hanging with him for few hours and i have stopped feeding them.i dont know what to do please help me they are my first fish and i dont wanna lose them.i dont know about size of my tank but i have attached pics of tank and fish.pls look at them and figure out whats going on im feeling helpless
Thanks in advance

Attachments

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
I don't see any filtration in that tank, so establishing a nitrogen cycle will be difficult, if not impossible. Eventually some of the beneficial bacteria needed for a nitrogen cycle will colonize on the gravel and hardscape, but I don't think I will be enough for two comets. Second thing is this tank is way too small. I keep a single comet and 3 fancys in a 55g and that is actually too small. In the meantime, the best thing you can do is daily ~50% WCs when they are tiny like this, but you'll need to change it down to where they can barely swim once they start growing.

Goldfish are often very ill by the time we get them because of how poorly they are kept and cared for before we get them.

Jan 21, 2017
Gold fish are very dirty and produce mass amounts of algae . you need a filter if you don't have one already and clean the tank often. Another thing is you can put a fish or water creature to help eat algae but it must be goldfish because tropical fish must live in warm water. So watch out fr predators as well even though snails who eat algae are tropical so don't put one in. Gold fish eat snails. Also the fish could be in dormit which means its a fish way of sleeping so you could of picked out a lazy fish.