Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

HELP Cardinal tetras sick

Discussion in 'Disease Forum' started by Autist16, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Autist16

Autist16 New Fish

at the start of the week i noticed a few white spots on my cardinals fins and tails, which at that point looked like white spot. so after a good clean of the gravel, rocks and all decor and a 50% water change. i treated for whitespot, my treatment was also effective on velvet. but now they have more spots all over the bodies and are missing parts/or whole fins and tails, and in the last 24hrs 3 have died. i have watched the tank a lot and never seen any nipping or chasing. its a community tank and nothing else has any symptoms at all. Whats wrong with my cardinals?

2. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Superstar Fish

It's a risk any time a new fish is introduced into a tank. I'd do 50% water changes daily until things improve. For treating ich, I crank up the heat to what the fish in the tank can tolerate to speed the life cycle of the parasite along and do daily water changes.

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!