Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

Getting Fish Out of Bag?

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by HawkEye_Pierce, Aug 11, 2003.

1. HawkEye_Pierce

HawkEye_Pierce Large Fish

I was just reading the thread on Bag Floating Time and I was wondering how all of you get the fish out of the bag without the water....usally when I buy several of the same fish my lfs will put 2-3 fish in the same bag...it can be difficult to get the fish out that way...I have been just putting the net over a bucket and pouring trying to get 1 fish at a time while keeping enough water in the bag for the other fish...is there a better way?

Thx

2. FroggyFox

FroggyFox Forum Manager

I have a small net that I use...just stick the net in the bag and I net as many out as possible at a time! I don't know that theres a good way to do it :(

3. crook

crook Medium Fish

I just let the bag sit then open the top of the bag completly put a net on the open part and pour out over the sink the fish go in the net then put them in the tank =)

4. chinaboy1021

chinaboy1021 Small Fish

pour the water into the net, let all the fish out at once. unles you got some real delicate.

5. cadams

cadams Small Fish

I have a small half gallon critter keeper I used to keep a betta in and I put the bag in after it equalizes with the tank's water and then fill to the top with some water from the tank. I cut the bag and let everything spill into each other and then use a net to transfer the fish a few minutes later. I used to dump the bag out into a bucket and catch the fish as they fell out but this seemed really stressful.

6. fishlover25

fishlover25 Large Fish

you can open the bag, and use a net to get them. u dont have to get all of them at the same time

7. 420Loach

420Loach Superstar Fish

i use a 5 gal bucket, pour the fish into the bucket and get them out one at a time(pour extra tank water in the bucket also). i do hate when my lfs puts more then one type of fish in the bag, thats why i put my fish in like this. i also have a really small net i use for small fish and shrimps, i put the fish bag into a round tupperware container to hold the shape, and cut the top of the bag off, then scoop out the fish. plus i also add stress coat to the water to help out, and once the fish are in the tank, they do great!:D

8. Somonas

Somonas Superstar Fish

I pour the bag into a net over a bucket, and then pick out the fish I want. I of course do this in separate loads if the fish are hard to tell apart from bag to bag.

If your LFS put similar looking fish of different species into the same bag never go back to that LFS again!!!

9. mfj

mfj Large Fish

i put a smooth plastic collander in a bowl, and gently pour the water and fish in the collander/bowl (while over the kitchen sink). i walk over to the tank, lift the collander out of the bowl, and put the collander in the tank and let the fish swim away.

10. Cichlid-Man

Cichlid-Man MFT Staff

Yes....just pour into a net and drop in tank :D......

O and i said that about not dumping into the tank.....i feel special :D :D :D :D

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!