Free Swimming Ich

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Coppersafe may well kill your shrimp. I've never really had it kill snails. It will cause big problems with your plants, too.

It's really best to quarantine fish before you put them in your display tanks, then you'll never have to worry about causing problems in the display tank with medications.

May 25, 2012
i have the same problem it tends to make my fish scrape and stuff and sometimes it looks like white spot but it falls off with a good burst of speed or scrape.its always there and i keeps me on my toes becuase it turns bad with fungus NOTHING KILLS IT heat lowers its floatie count but its there still always please help

Feb 27, 2009
its always there and i keeps me on my toes becuase it turns bad with fungus NOTHING KILLS IT heat lowers its floatie count but its there still always please help
Freshwater ich can be cured with heat, not sure what you mean by 'NOTHING KILLS IT' as heat prevents it from being able to reproduce. The fungal infections are likely secondary to the ich, due to loss of scales when the fish 'flashes' in the attempt to get rid of the parasites.