Can any one tell me whats going on

Shay*

New Fish
Jan 2, 2017
I'm a beginner and I bought my tank with fish in it added a few more and fish are dying everyday. I haven't checked levels yet due to not having testing supplies right now. I plan on getting them in a few days. So It started out with 2pleco 2corie 4glo tetras 2dojo loaches (i think) a male Betta and 4 frogs, one got smooshed on the drive over so 3 ADF. I bought one more frog to replace the smooshed one and another yo-yo loach (not knowing I had dojo loaches) and 2 more tetras. About a week later I added 2 albino Corie 2 more frogs and a gold skirt tetra.. things were fine, then all of a sudden I brought home a second hand rock because I badly wanted a big rock that I could never afford. So, my Betta 2 frogs an albino Corie and a peppered Corie (I think) dead, and oddly enough 3 frogs beat up bad. I flipped, took out the second hand rock and scrubbed the tank and decorations, separated the frogs (because they are my fav) treated the tap water and added my fish now a little go tetra is swimming sideways and he's been forced under a rock for a few days before this.. any advice would be highly appreciated I'm worried I'll wake everyday to a new death

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Probably dying due to the high ammonia levels from an uncycled tank. You need to do daily large water changes until you have a means to measure for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. A large water change is more than 50%.

What type of plecos did you buy? A common pleco will grow to over a foot long and needs a 55g tank by themselves. Huge waste producers too. Corys need large groups to be happy and active. 7 or more. Same with any tetras.