African Dwarf Frogs - How many bloodworms to feed them?

Aug 13, 2005
Hi there,

I recently got a few in a ADF-only tank, and I've been feeding them thawed frozen bloodworms, but I don't know how many I ought to feed them.

Do you know how many worms per frog is appropriate for feeding every other day?

Thanks =-)

May 9, 2005
West Haven, CT
pot belly is what you'll find. I try to get 3-4 worms in them that I can see and chance they get more before the vaccuum fish come by.

there is a sticky from leo as well, and that pipedae sitel isted above is great too.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Most fish have a stomach roughly the size of their eyeball. I'm not sure how big a frog's stomach is, but I would imagine it's not that different. A human's stomach is about the size of his closed fist. I feed fish really light whenever possible, and I think the same plan for frogs would be good. If I see a lot of pooping going on, then I cut back on feeding. Just as long as their piping works, I don't need to be flushing it out every day, know what I mean.

My aunt had a ADF (from a baby) and she had it with tropical fish (i can't remember because it was about 6-7yrs ago.. i think they were angelfish.. or something.. beautiful tank!) And the frog loved them! (i loved the frog! poor Hoppy:'() The worst thing about getting frogs is finding them dead! You get so attached.. and they look so.. odd when they're dead :'( it's horrible! But they make great companions for fish!