Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

African Dwarf Frogs - How many bloodworms to feed them?

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by AvantBard, Aug 13, 2005.

1. AvantBard

AvantBard New Fish

Hi there,

I recently got a few in a ADF-only tank, and I've been feeding them thawed frozen bloodworms, but I don't know how many I ought to feed them.

Do you know how many worms per frog is appropriate for feeding every other day?

Thanks =-)

2. GoldLenny

GoldLenny Medium Fish

3. ram man

ram man Superstar Fish

when i was about 5 years old i had one and fed it till it had a litle pot belly but not so that it looked like he swallowed a marble

4. FisheyLisa

FisheyLisa Large Fish

pot belly is what you'll find. I try to get 3-4 worms in them that I can see and chance they get more before the vaccuum fish come by.

there is a sticky from leo as well, and that pipedae sitel isted above is great too.

5. longtyme68

longtyme68 Large Fish

Can you place ADFs with other fish or frogs? Do they need to be separated?

6. GoldLenny

GoldLenny Medium Fish

Some people have success mixing ADF's and fish but be careful and check compatibility on each fish or the fish could become frog food or the frog's fish food. Check out the two links I posted in the #2 post above.

7. NoDeltaH2O

NoDeltaH2O Superstar Fish

Most fish have a stomach roughly the size of their eyeball. I'm not sure how big a frog's stomach is, but I would imagine it's not that different. A human's stomach is about the size of his closed fist. I feed fish really light whenever possible, and I think the same plan for frogs would be good. If I see a lot of pooping going on, then I cut back on feeding. Just as long as their piping works, I don't need to be flushing it out every day, know what I mean.

8. longtyme68

longtyme68 Large Fish

LOL, NoDelta, I guess that is some good advice. Just need to know that the piping is working.

9. longtyme68

longtyme68 Large Fish

Thanks, GoldLenny that helps. I will mark those pages for further review.

10. FisheyLisa

FisheyLisa Large Fish

For frog and fish compatibility :Read my sig. for my experience.

They do well with peaceful fish that CAN'T FIT INTO THEIR MOUTHS (fry or fry-sized fish)! trust me, I know this for a fact.

11. longtyme68

longtyme68 Large Fish

Thanks FisheyLisa! I guess I will have to do some thinking about all the different combinations that I can do.

12. Chazwick

Chazwick Large Fish

My aunt had a ADF (from a baby) and she had it with tropical fish (i can't remember because it was about 6-7yrs ago.. i think they were angelfish.. or something.. beautiful tank!) And the frog loved them! (i loved the frog! poor Hoppy:'() The worst thing about getting frogs is finding them dead! You get so attached.. and they look so.. odd when they're dead :'( it's horrible! But they make great companions for fish!

13. GoldLenny

GoldLenny Medium Fish

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!