Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

how many anemone in 30 gal tank can i keep

This is a discussion on how many anemone in 30 gal tank can i keep within the Saltwater General Discussion forums, part of the Saltwater category;
i got a small 30 gal tank i want anemones lots of it how much can i keep etc etc ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Exclamation how many anemone in 30 gal tank can i keep

i got a small 30 gal tank
    i want anemones lots of it
    how much can i keep
    etc etc etc
    what do you say?

TRe

none lol...seriously though you can start by reading the sticky
    Rimless 82g SPS/Reef 48x22x18 - MH/T5, SWC 160 (skimmer), Aqua Controller Jr, Natureef dosing pump/2part, Po4 reactor, Kalk reactor, Bio Pellets/Reactor, Tunze 6045 X 2, ATO, Automatic Water Change setup, 60g sump/frag tank
    (4 bulb 24" T5's over frag tank)
    125g SOLD!
    300g SOLD!

Teenie Weenie Fish

why none
    i want to start with beaded anemone
    tank is 1 year old

TRe

the tank isnt really big enough IMO... are ther other corals in the tank? what type of lighting? it can be done but i wouldnt keep more than 1 in there
    Rimless 82g SPS/Reef 48x22x18 - MH/T5, SWC 160 (skimmer), Aqua Controller Jr, Natureef dosing pump/2part, Po4 reactor, Kalk reactor, Bio Pellets/Reactor, Tunze 6045 X 2, ATO, Automatic Water Change setup, 60g sump/frag tank
    (4 bulb 24" T5's over frag tank)
    125g SOLD!
    300g SOLD!

Teenie Weenie Fish

Would like to understand the chemistry of their outputs through water circulation what is the area of benifit to my tank of their keeping
    what are there most likely enemies
    what do they trade their stock of food
    beaded anemone are serious pollution creater in nature(is it true?)
    you tell
    like amonia secreation by anyway
    or what is their speed of generating waste
    by the truth my name is stalion goeng
    and you?

a 30 gallon tank in my opinion is too small for most anemones. The common types in the hobby such as a rose/green bubble tip often if healthy can reach upwards of 12 inches across when fully inflated as can a long tentacle anemone can also get that big. A carpet anemone can get even bigger. These anemones are not fussy on what they will sting and some are even fish eaters.......my lta killed and tried to consume my foxface rabbit fish. Condylactis anemones ARE fish eaters and though they don't get as large also sting anything they can reach. Tube anemones are also big stingers.

Anemones are photo dependant that means that you must have sufficient lighting to support them as they gain most of their nutrition from the light through their zoanthelle with supplemental feeding of meaty fish pieces approximately every two weeks or so depending on the actual specimen's requirements. They do not like a lot of flow though flow is necessary to bring food to them. Their biggest threat is powerheads....more than one anemone has been shredded by a powerhead. especially in a small tank where they are unable to get away from the powerhead if they are large.

My advice is that unless you have a large tank, stable and pristine parameters and high lighting I would pass on one......
    75g reef

29g reef

Living the salty side of life

Teenie Weenie Fish

actully lorna u seem very precautious
    my hobby is insanly dependent on care but now it is madly in love
    my tank is 1 year old now
    polloution level is low
    i only want to ask
    1 year old 30 gallon nano may stand 5 beaded anemones with 7 fishes and 5 corals
    with 6.178 watt per gallon light
    if yes then ill would like to bring one home tonight and then lets see how it works

I wouldnt your tank would be horribly small for an anemone. not pollution but in size.
    75g reef

29g reef

Living the salty side of life

7 fish is way too much for that size tank too.
    75 Gal Saltwater:
    2 Percula Clownfish, 6 Line Wrasse, 2 Green Chromis, 1 Coral Banded Shrimp, 1 Frogspawn frag, 3 assorted Zoa frags, Bluestriped Mushroom, Trumpet Coral, CUC

Tara the Tang: R.I.P.

Teenie Weenie Fish

3 damshel and few butterfly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast