wild bass in my aquarium???

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I was actually in this situation earlier this summer, a neighbor boy had brought home about 10 baby bass from his lake house because he knew I liked fish...(gee thanks kid). I had to care for them for three weeks before we could get them back to their lake home. I set up a bare bottom tank with lots of artificial plants and a cycled sponge filter and lots of java moss (a "lakey" environment if you will). I tried feeding these guys everything from flake food and cichlid pellets to betta bits, frozen foods, etc. The only thing they seemed to figure out was food eventually was freeze dried bloodworms. Even then I still lost one to what I'm assuming was starvation. I highly recommend you return the bass to it's natural habitat ASAP, they aren't meant to be kept in fish tanks.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
what kind of bass? i had kept a juvenile large mouth for about a year... until he started chowing down on other fish! (then i moved him to the tank at work.) LMB are easy and will eat just about anything: flake, cichlid pellets, blood worms, silversides... you name it. i feed out live food only as treats. trust me, eventually it will eat whatever you provide it. it just may take a few days. longest its taken me to ween a fish to "store-bought" food was about a week and a half. it could take a few days for the bass to adjust to tank life.

cchase85

Large Fish
Jun 6, 2006
New England
I had the best luck with freeze dried bloodworms with my baby bass. He learned to eat the flake foods pretty fast though (within a week and a half). He would only go after good if it was moving though, not stationary, so some surface agitation would be good.

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
I raised a couple for a bit they loved wax worms and guppies, one they got bigger they gulpped down gold fish until tails would hang out of there mouths,eventually they would start eating pellets. eventually they got too arrgessive so i took them back to the lake.

Aug 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
well i didnt read anything above so if i am repeating some my mistake but i have try this before but i deside it was way to hard to make them eat pellets/dry food. bass from what i researched well only eat live foods. keep in mind feeder fish cheep but not the good to feed them all the time because one they dont provide the all the nutrants needed two you may get a bad batch of them and get your fish sick so you might want to use other types of live food like crickets worms gost shrimp, ext. you might even check out your local bate store for crickets because often they are cheaper. bass are mean fish so keep in mind when you are putting other fish in with the that no matter how big they are that bass dont care they will try to eat them and stress them out. if i new what kind of bass you have or are planing to get i could tell you more it cuz all speaces are diffrent eather way they like places to hide so they can hunt

Mar 21, 2017
1490117644778-139310697.jpg
this is the bass that I put in my tank about 3 days ago and it has not eaten anything at all I do have 20 feeder fish in there and they're still in there LOL can anyone let me know why he won't eat or how long does it take for him to get comfortable in the tank because I did get him out of a pond well actually it wasn't a pond I got him out of St Johns River that's a river in Jacksonville Florida so technically he's from brackish water but he is a freshwater fish