Molly with Swim Bladder Being Beaten by Other Mollies

Jan 15, 2017
Maryland
I am fairly new to fish keeping (I've only been in the hobby around five months at this point). One of my very first fish was a black molly. She has been perfectly healthy until about a week ago. I noticed she was having trouble staying upright and she was constantly swimming vertically with her head facing downwards.

I figured it was swim bladder disease, so I put her in a small hospital tank and fed her some deshelled frozen peas over the course of a few days. She seemed to be getting better and once she could stay upright on her own, I returned her to the original tank with the rest of the fish.

However, once she got back into the tank, my silver molly started beating her up. They would spin around the tank and bite at each other, and the stress led to the black molly's swim bladder coming back. I have removed her again now, but I don't know what to do. Her tail is completely torn up and she is missing scales from the silver molly biting at her all the time. She has stopped putting up a fight and I can tell she doesn't want to go back into the tank (she didn't fight the net like normal and she didn't move around in my hand when I took her out of the tank to put in the hospital tank.

My question is: What do I do now? Should I euthanize her and end her suffering? The hospital tank is by no means big enough for her to stay in permanently. It isn't even big enough for a filter.

Jan 21, 2017
I am fairly new to fish keeping (I've only been in the hobby around five months at this point). One of my very first fish was a black molly. She has been perfectly healthy until about a week ago. I noticed she was having trouble staying upright and she was constantly swimming vertically with her head facing downwards.

I figured it was swim bladder disease, so I put her in a small hospital tank and fed her some deshelled frozen peas over the course of a few days. She seemed to be getting better and once she could stay upright on her own, I returned her to the original tank with the rest of the fish.

However, once she got back into the tank, my silver molly started beating her up. They would spin around the tank and bite at each other, and the stress led to the black molly's swim bladder coming back. I have removed her again now, but I don't know what to do. Her tail is completely torn up and she is missing scales from the silver molly biting at her all the time. She has stopped putting up a fight and I can tell she doesn't want to go back into the tank (she didn't fight the net like normal and she didn't move around in my hand when I took her out of the tank to put in the hospital tank.

My question is: What do I do now? Should I euthanize her and end her suffering? The hospital tank is by no means big enough for her to stay in permanently. It isn't even big enough for a filter.
Its only natural because they really aren't doing any damage. It may have to do with the genders and maybe theyre mating because that's how it goes. My mollies bump into each other when eating. So i LM guessing its normal and just see what happens or ask a bigtime professional at a pet shop.