goldfish has small bubbles, isn't eating, at bottom of tank? help

Nov 24, 2016
I have one goldfish in a tiny tank that I know is way too small and doesn't have a filter or anything, literally just a plastic box with tap water. (I'm going to get a bigger tank in the future)
My goldfish recently hasn't been eating anything and is just sitting at the bottom and there're little clear bubbles on its mouth, sides, and a few places else but not a lot of bubbles. A few hours ago it seemed to be shedding or something and there were transparent fiber-y things coming off its sides. Also it's been pooping a lot more than usual, maybe overfeeding? The poop is in long strands and there are clear parts.

As for specifics about the water condition, I don't have any, but I change the water about every 3 days and my goldfish has been living well for over a year in the same conditions as always.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
A goldfish in a bowl type container should have daily (full amount) water changes until it could be moved into a proper home with a nitrogen cycle to process the ammonia the fish produces.

Your fish sounds like it's suffering from exposure to high levels of ammonia or nitrate.

Jan 21, 2017
If the things are white it could very well be a sickness for the fish. My friends fish had it and I'm not sure if it survived. I don't know a bunch of info about the sickness but it could be. Ask a vetranarian. Or someone who works with fish.