Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I have molly fry please help!

This is a discussion on I have molly fry please help! within the Live-Bearers Forum forums, part of the Freshwater Fish Breeds category;
My Molly had fry!!! They were unexpected and I haven't prepared I only was able to save 4 of them ...

Teenie Weenie Fish FishiesGallore's Avatar

Default I have molly fry please help!

My Molly had fry!!! They were unexpected and I haven't prepared I only was able to save 4 of them later 1 died. However I have 3 left and I need to know what to feed them!!! Please help!
    f. Betta - Chase
    m. Betta - Dante
    m. Guppy - Kasai
    3 guppy fry
    3 Sunset Fire Platy fry
    2 Spotted Cory Cats - Nigel and Bennett
    Otocinculous - Vin (R.I.P. Diesel)

If you grind up flakes it will turn into powder, and you can feed them that.
    35 GAL - 1 Angelfish, 4 platies, 2 baby bristlenose plecs

That's all I have ever fed my molly fry. Just grind up flake food between your fingers and drop in a little.
    Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out."

some bloodworms and brineshrimp, they grow faster (trust me, i got 7 mollies in the beganing, 100 mollies later, OH VA)(p.s. did not buy any)
    150 Gal. 1 Albino Pleco, 1 Common Pleco, 2 Golden Gourami, 3 German Blue Rams, 4 Angelfish, 4 Zebra Pleco, 4 Lyretail Mollies, 5 Green Stripe Swordfins, 7 Yo-Yo Loaches, 9 Kuhlii Loachs, 10 Clown Loachs, 10 Sailfin Mollies, 15 Marble Mollies

Teenie Weenie Fish FishiesGallore's Avatar

I have a question about putting other fish in with the fry. . . I was thinking perhaps a smaller fish like my neon tetras. . .would they eat the fry?

If there is a chance I'm SO not doing it. If they are placid and won't do it, I'll give it some thought.
    f. Betta - Chase
    m. Betta - Dante
    m. Guppy - Kasai
    3 guppy fry
    3 Sunset Fire Platy fry
    2 Spotted Cory Cats - Nigel and Bennett
    Otocinculous - Vin (R.I.P. Diesel)

Teenie Weenie Fish

I agree if you feed them Brineshrimp they do grow a lot faster and seem happier.
    MY Mollies
    -One black dalmation Male
    -One creamcicle-dalmation lyre-tail Female and 32 fry
    -One white dalmation Female
    --with fry(20 or so)
    -One Silver Lyretail Female
    -One creamcicle lyre-tail Female

As long as they are small enough to fit in the tetras' mouths, I wouldn't take the chance.
    Judy

Down to 3 tanks... from 7!!

29g: 3 goldfish (temporary)... thinking of convicts instead

55g: 12 glowlight tetras, 3 yoyo loaches (planning for another school of tetras, some more yoyo's, and maybe a pair of rams... any suggestions?)

2g: 3 guppies waiting for a bigger home and a few more buddies

Lots of info in the sticky at the top of the forum: Livebearers FAQ
    Lotus and Ecotank's tanks

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

I feed all of my fry a food called First Bites by Hikari (I think that's the brand) very good, healthy food. My fry grow at a good fast rate and get their start getting their color earlier than I've heard others get theirs and my fry love it. My platy fry start coloring at about 2 weeks and my guppy fry at about a month, I don't know about the time for molly fry yet, but I hope to be knowing soon.

I wouldn't do the tetras. Usually if something eatable and tasty can fit in the adult fish's mouth it'll get eaten.
    Last edited by nobody; 04-12-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    "I know I'll change him into a duck! Yes! It's so evil and I... wait. I don't know how to do that and I don't really need a duck. Oh! This is going to be harder than I thought."- The Bowler Hat Guy (Meet the Robinsons)

They hesetate to eat there babys
    150 Gal. 1 Albino Pleco, 1 Common Pleco, 2 Golden Gourami, 3 German Blue Rams, 4 Angelfish, 4 Zebra Pleco, 4 Lyretail Mollies, 5 Green Stripe Swordfins, 7 Yo-Yo Loaches, 9 Kuhlii Loachs, 10 Clown Loachs, 10 Sailfin Mollies, 15 Marble Mollies

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast