What Did You Buy Recently?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
thought this would be an interesting thread eventually. Just curious on what you've bought recently. It can be equipment of fishes. just a quick post and/or picture would be great!

my last purchase was the nopox: http://amzn.to/1WTUSJb
my thread about it is here: http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/threads/my-nopox-experiment.66718/

went to the LFS yesterday and was tempted to buy stuff but need to get my tank parameters back under control first. :)

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Yeah, I've been itching to window shop my LFSs, but trying to avoid it for obvious reasons. My tanks are pretty much stocked.

I did somewhat recently buy some sad looking plants that were marked down at Petsmart. "Top Fin" plants that are sealed in a plastic bag with a cardboard box around them. LOL. Both are crypts. One cryptocoryne undulata and one cryptocoryne wendtii. They're both doing pretty well in my 55g. About doubled in size.

I did order a new pair of 48" T5HO lamps for the light on this tank a few days ago. Zoo med lamps from the Docs. I've been slacking on replacing the old coralife 6700K lamps that have been in there.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Got a used 75g tank / stand / canopy :D. My 40B saltwater has had a slow leak at a bottom seam for a few weeks now, just salt creep for the time being but obviously I do not want to wait for it to open up any further. So rather than getting a new 40B, I'm sizing it up a little. I can use all of my current equipment - except for lights and heater. Drilled the holes in the 75g for the drain and return plumbing, hoping to paint the back in the next day or two and do the switchover on Fri/Sat (my weekend).

Also got an RO unit coming through the mail, hopefully the better quality water will resolve the unsightly algae I'm growing.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
Dafodill brichardi. Breeding pair. I've have 3 successful spawn but had an issue and lost one adult and most fry. But the remaining fry should be able to restock the tank once they get to size.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
dropped my fish feeder a week ago. didn't think much of it until i had to go out of town and 30 minutes before leaving, i was setting it up and ofcourse it wasn't working. so luckily had a friend that could come in and feed the tank while i was gone.

the one i used and the one i re-bought again was this one. it's not techy at all. works like an old school timer where it has mutliple markers so i can feed multiple times a day if i wanted.

KEDSUM Daily 6 Times Automatic Fish Feeder Aquarium Tank Feeder
http://amzn.to/1UIwb5r

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
my lights were due to be replaced (T5 bulbs) and it was like almost $100 each year to replace them so I've been eyeing to go back to LED's and been looking at the Hydra52HD. super pricey but save electricity and don't have to worry about changing bulbs each year was enticing. so been watching it and the price fluctuates like $50 dollars here and there and when it was at the lowest i've ever seen, it as time to get it.

i just installed it tonight and so far so good. It connects to an app on the phone so i can control everything about it on there such as when it turns off and on (goodbye clunky timers!) and the different wavelengths can be adjusted so i can either change the color to what i like or adjust to get better color and growth out of the corals. pretty extensive so i'm just looking for more information on the best settings.

one feature i haven't figured out yet is that there's a dropcam/nestcam option. weird. wonder why it has that.

but anyways...one big purchase and hopefully last lighting purchase for a very very long time.

Aquaillumination Hydra 52 HD

Attachments

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Nice light! One thing with the fancy LED lights is hanging them - how do you have yours up?

I am still on T5s for my reef (Aquatic life 4 bulb fixture), but the sleek little finnex planted plus LED on my planted tank is sweet.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Nice light! One thing with the fancy LED lights is hanging them - how do you have yours up?

I am still on T5s for my reef (Aquatic life 4 bulb fixture), but the sleek little finnex planted plus LED on my planted tank is sweet.
i bought L brackets and connected them together to form a U and then attached to the canopy and slid the LED lights into there. i should prob put 2 more on longer side to make sure if an earthquake happens it won't just slide off.

Attachments