Pond snails hitched ride with fish from Petco????

Feb 10, 2017
Today I brought home a few mollies for my tank. I was turning the blue light on and checking up on them (they're doing great! :D) and realized there's suddenly two tiny snails on my the glass! Their shells don't look anything like my mystery snails.... Could these be pond snails that hitched a ride with the mollies I bought from Petco today? Has this happened to anyone else?

I've removed the two snails of varying tiny size to a completely empty 3 gal traditional fish bowl I had laying around with an algae tablet. I'm thinking of putting them in my outdoor 16 gallon trough pond once they get older... Do they even eat algae? I don't want to get an assassin snail.

Nov 8, 2017
Today I brought home a few mollies for my tank. I was turning the blue light on and checking up on them (they're doing great! :D) and realized there's suddenly two tiny snails on my the glass! Their shells don't look anything like my mystery snails.... Could these be pond snails that hitched a ride with the mollies I bought from Petco today? Has this happened to anyone else?

I've removed the two snails of varying tiny size to a completely empty 3 gal traditional fish bowl I had laying around with an algae tablet. I'm thinking of putting them in my outdoor 16 gallon trough pond once they get older... Do they even eat algae? I don't want to get an assassin snail.
Have

1. Have you got live plants ? If so that how they get there. The eggs are on the plants. I had a huge problem with them. They bred like mad. I got rid of all of mine ( had hundreds ) by replacing plants with plastic ones. Replacing water with a vacuum and I bought 2 Cory doras catfish. When the remaining snails climbed up the glass I would use a scrapper to knock them back down in the gravel so the Cory doras could eat them. It all took about 2 weeks. No chemicals required. My tank has been snail free for around 8 months now.