Pink long goldfish poop

Apr 26, 2016
Hey, I have keep goldfish in a tank for nearly 3 years now and they gave always seemed happy and healthy. I got home yesterday and 2 of them had what looked like long pink poos hanging down between 4 and 10cms long. I fed them some squashed cooked peas as I saw it may have been due to lack of nutrients but got home again today to see that now all except 1 of the goldfish have the long poo type things (have 7 fish in tank in total). I'm assuming it's not poo as it would have dropped off by now and I haven't changed how they're being fed at all so why would there pooing habits change? Any advice or comments greatly appreciated :)

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
hi there!

what kind of food were you feeding them? it doesn't sound like you changed their food recently b/c sometimes goldfish poop will look like the color of the food it was fed.

how do they act? fine? or more sluggish?

Apr 26, 2016
I hadn't changed their food at all, ID been away a day but my mum fed them but she feed them the same stuff in the same way I do

They're acting normal and today most of them had dropped off. One had one long one left and one has a short bit left.

Think it may just have been poo?