My tank is corrupted what should i do?

Dec 3, 2017
I have a tiger barb nonstop chasing fish same as their size, And my mollies are agressive and killing fish, My first fish that died look like it got stuck and suffocated, Then the 2nd fish looks like it suffocated too instead a molly looked like i was helping it get unstuck, My 3rd one died and i realized 2 mollies were ramming it while the other one was pushing a fish to the corner, Then i realized the death cause of my fishes were agreesive mollies, What should i do about the mollies and the hyper active barbs?

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Need a lot more info. Like arcab4 asked, what size tank?

What are your readings in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Water change schedule and amount changed?

Tiger barbs should be kept in groups and need a fairly large tank, like 29g at a minimum. That way, they'll just pester each other.

Dec 3, 2017
10g is too small for a proper group of TBs. If you only keep 1-2, they can exhibit the behavior you saw.
Thanks! That explains why my 2nd tiger barb died today, I used to have 16 fish in the tank since my dad thought it was okay if it was crowded, I have currently 10 fish in my tank now, The albino cory catfish seems to be the strongest ones in the tank, My tiger barb was already sick though, It dropped to the ground when it was swimming, Then it swam back up again, Its mouth was open wide all the time day and night, Im pretty sure it wasn't caused by my white mollies

dlboge

New Fish
Dec 12, 2017
I'm going to guess you are new to the hobby and just set up a new tank. Please google "new tank syndrome". Your fish are probably dying from ammonia poisoning. You need to stop feeding them for a few weeks and allow beneficial bacteria in your tank's filter to get established. And a ten gallon tank with a corner filter can only handle three to five fish.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Dlboge, Is that why my serpae tetra lost its color instantly?, Literally i saw it colorful, But when i went back to see it, It was almost pale....
Fish will loose their color when they're stressed or sick. They'll typically be pale and colorless in a store's display/sale tank. Once they're home in a good healthy environment, they'll color up nicely.

You can fit more than 3-5 fish in a 10g, but they need to be small bio load fish like celetial pearl danios, neon tetras, etc. You can search LiveAquaria for a real rough idea on this.

Dec 3, 2017
Fish will loose their color when they're stressed or sick. They'll typically be pale and colorless in a store's display/sale tank. Once they're home in a good healthy environment, they'll color up nicely.

You can fit more than 3-5 fish in a 10g, but they need to be small bio load fish like celetial pearl danios, neon tetras, etc. You can search LiveAquaria for a real rough idea on this.
Thanks your tip helped me, My serpae tetra gained back the color.