My Horsefaced Loach is bent (U-Shaped)

Oct 18, 2016
Hello. This is an answer for future people as it took me ages finding the information on this topic. My horseface loach was bent in a U-Shape and I checked numerous sites trying to figure what to do. It was bieng attacked by my shark and could only swim in a circle. I was very close to killing it to put it out of its misery which alot of sites say to do. I checked it over after catching it and it didn't look diseased (to my untrained eye). I think it happened as I was cleaning my tank with my gravel cleaner but really not sure how it happened. I took all the information that people said and I decided to quarantine this fish (a square net I use which I call my hospital/quarantine net). I put some stones in the bottom of the net (so that the loach could hide), fed it every day with my normal pallets, a few garden peas now and again, and a little cucumber now and again. Obviously took the outer skin from the pea and only used the inside of the cucumber. After about 3 weeks of bieng in this hospital, my loach started to straighten itself out. After a further week, I reintroduced to my tank and that was 3 weeks ago. Everything is great and the loach is thriving again. So don't, as many websites suggest, kill it. they can get better. Try this first (obviously unless your loach is diseased). I don't know why this happened in the first place, but I am so glad I didn't kill it. They are lovely loaches and even though I don't see them often in my tank, I really love them. Good luck to all those who have the same problem.