Fish + College

Dec 1, 2013
Hi guys! It's been awhile since I've been on here. A few posts ago, I was asking about how to re-home my fish with a lack of a fish community in the area. Unfortunately, I broke down my tank two months ago. Fortunately however, my fish all now have a lovely new home!

A local fish store took in my babies. I asked them if they knew of any aquatic hobbyist groups in the area and they simply said they would take my fish. Moral of the story, it never hurts to ask.

Now this is were the fun begins. I had about 1/4 of the tank filled with water still because I needed to keep the plants alive until I could replant/give them away. It just so happens that about two weeks after the break down, I approached my tank to completely drain it. Sitting on the rocks that still remain in the tank, was one of my bristlenose plecos. Needless to say I was shocked. I quickly relocated it into my ten gallon thereafter. He seems fine now, his color is fine and he chases around my shrimp. I can't believe that he made it though. My old tank is in my basement where the temp is always around 60-70 degrees.

Anyone else have some crazy tank stories?