African Dwarf Frog Behavior

Aug 25, 2016
I have a 2.5g filtered, freshwater tank that's been going since early July. I have a gold inca snail that's been doing really well & wanted to add a buddy. I decided to go with an adf because I thought my 2 year old would enjoy watching him swim around. I went to Petsmart and checked out the 2 adf they had that had just been delivered that day. One was mainly hanging out on the bottom of the tank, not doing much. The other was zooming all around another tank from top to bottom. I went with the swimming one thinking it's gotta be healthy if it's so active, right? I bring him home, let him sit in my tank for a bit in the transport bag, then introduce him to the tank. At first, he was mainly hanging out at the bottom of the tank and swimming to the top every now and then. Before bed last night and since I've been up today, he's been floating at the top of the tank between the back wall and the filter. I assumed it's because it's kind of a tight space (about 1 inch between wall & back of filter) and it makes him feel more secure. However, I'm starting to wonder now because I thought they preferred the bottom of the tank. He hasn't eaten anything. I tried giving him a freeze dried bloodworm by holding it in front of his face with a pair of tweezers, but he wouldn't take it. He does move his legs if I tap gently on the tank or move the tank a little. He's swam out from behind the filter once or twice, but still stays at the top of he tank. I've tested the water: nitrate between 0-20 (color wasn't 0 nor 20 so I'm saying 10 ppm, lol), 0 nitrite, GH 75, KH 120, pH 7.2-7.8, & temp ~75 deg F. I have been adding a couple drops of calcium supplement to my tank because my snail's shell has started looking a little weak & the water is soft.Taking into account that he hasn't been in the tank even 24 hours yet, is this normal for a new frog?

Sorry I wrote a book to ask a simple question. :/