15gal SPS Dominated Nano

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Might as well start a tank thread right?

• Tank: PicO Aquariums (extinct) 15x15" Low Iron Cube
  • Filtration: Small Aquafuge 2 HOB refugium not being used as a refugium
  • Heater: Cobalt Neotherm 50W
  • Water Movement: Vortech MP10
  • Skimmer: Eshopps PSK-75H
  • ATO: Tunze Nano ATO
  • Lighting: Ecotech Radion XR15w-Pro
  • Substrate: Bare Bottom
  • Other: Apex Controller
  • Fish: 2 C-Quest Onyx Clowns
  • Coral: SPS Dominate, few LPS brains, some polyps (hitchhikers and one frag)
  • Creatures: None of note

Current FTS
fts42016
by Matt, on Flickr
cube1
by Matt, on Flickr
FTSfeb2016b
by Matt, on Flickr

Humble beginnings, this was about 1.5-2years ago when I started it back up after a crash. You can see most of those corals in the new photo, grown up.
FTS8202014front2
by Matt, on Flickr

Here are a few coral photos. I can post some before photos later if you want to see growth. First up, the star of my tank, the dominate Green Slimer.
Slimerfeb2016a
by Matt, on Flickr
slimerpolyps2b
by Matt, on Flickr
slimerpolyps3
by Matt, on Flickr

Cali Tort
tort1
by Matt, on Flickr
calitortcrop1
by Matt, on Flickr

Hawkins, Retina Blaster to it's left.
Hawkinsfeb2016
by Matt, on Flickr
Hawkins1
by Matt, on Flickr

Retina Blaster, Red Planet back right.
retinablaster42016
by Matt, on Flickr

Red Planet
redplanet42016
by Matt, on Flickr

Lost this one to RTN, no idea why. One of my favorite at the time, Crayola Plana
topdown1
by Matt, on Flickr
crayola1
by Matt, on Flickr

Needles in a Haystack or some Aussie Delicate type something or other. Have very similar one on back left wall in recent FTS.
needles42016
by Matt, on Flickr
smoothskin1
by Matt, on Flickr

Oakland A's, best grower in the tank really. On back wall in original FTS
oaklandAs1
by Matt, on Flickr
oaklandAs2
by Matt, on Flickr

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
The fish. Kinda want to get something else. Pygmy wrasse, Tailspot Blenny, or Bangi Cardinal but haven't wanted to upset the balance. Had one Tailspot but he went carpet surfing before I got a screen top.
Onyxclown1
by Matt, on Flickr
OnyxClownfish
by Matt, on Flickr

Here is shots of the Purple Plasma frag. It's hard to see, directly behind the Slimer and to the left of the Tort sort of being overtaken by the tort.
purpleplasmamacro1b
by Matt, on Flickr
Purpleplasma1
by Matt, on Flickr

This is how the Oakland A's above started out....just a nub. I think it was like a $1 frag extra I got in a live sale online.
oklanda's
by Matt, on Flickr

Here is the Needles as a baby
Needlesinahaystack1
by Matt, on Flickr
or maybe this not to sure
Aussiedelicate1
by Matt, on Flickr

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
You've got great growth and colors going on in a little space there! Crazy polyps on that Oakland As. The Cali tort has nice bold colors.

I highly recommend trying the pygmy wrasse. They have an interesting personality. Kinda drifts around and ignores the other fish, while they ignore him back. They are not shy per se, but more indifferent to your presence while they cruise around the rockwork.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks. I actually originally ordered a Pygmy Wrasse with the Tailspot Blenny but it was DOA. Always wanted one. Don't have to big of a pod population at the moment though, seems to of dropped off lately. Might need to seed the tank again.

I TRY to do waterchanges once a week, but often it slips to once every 2-2.5 weeks. I've got a large skimmer (rated for like a 75gal) running so it kind of covers my back. And with only two fish and feeding sparingly the waste isn't to terrible.

Camera wise I'm still using the "ancient" Canon 5D MK II body with a rotation of lenses (100mm macro, 17-40mm, 24-105mm all canon brand). Been looking to get a new body recently but with other expenses and rumored new bodies on the horizon it's put on the back burner for now. This one is still capable even 8 years old!!