Why do I Have Baby Snails?

Nov 11, 2017
Hello! I have a 5 gallon tank for my Betta and 2 snails, a female Zebra Nerite, and a Golden Apple Snail. Now I know that they cannot breed, and the nerite even needs brackish water. However, today I woke up to find two very small baby snails. Why is this? I do have live plants; 2 Anubias but I got them when I first got the tank about 5 months ago. I have recently purchased a Crypt from Petco, but that was put in probably 3-4 weeks ago, and I haven't seen any babies until today. I also of course rinsed the plant and checked it over for snails before putting it in. Is it possible there were eggs on the crypt that hadn't hatched until now? Also can someone maybe ID the type of snail they are? I'm sorry about the quality of the photos (My phone's Camera is really bad), but if someone could help that'd be great! Thank you!

The Unknown Baby Snail:

slamdi

New Fish
Sep 14, 2017
Ha ha I just noticed a baby snail in my betta tank this morning.
I don't have any snails--or I didn't.
Sometimes eggs can hitchhike in on plants..,
It takes 2-4 weeks or so for snail eggs to hatch. So, you did add plants about a month ago?

Nov 11, 2017
Ha ha I just noticed a baby snail in my betta tank this morning.
I don't have any snails--or I didn't.
Sometimes eggs can hitchhike in on plants..,
It takes 2-4 weeks or so for snail eggs to hatch. So, you did add plants about a month ago?
Thank you for responding! After having done some more research I found out these are actually an invasive species known as bladder snails, which can breed sexually and asexually. There were definitely eggs on my crypt (which is why I didn't notice any snails when rinsing it) and it was entirely my fault for not sanitizing it properly before putting it in. I have only found 3 so far and fingers crossed there aren't anymore, but I doubt that's the case.... Eek. Luckily they are still too young to breed, and I'm no expert, but I think that will be around 3-4 weeks for sexual maturity. Its been about 2 weeks so far.