Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Kiddie Pool As Pond????

This is a discussion on Kiddie Pool As Pond???? within the Goldfish/Coldwater Discussion forums, part of the Freshwater Fish Breeds category;
Well my mom is planning on buying a Kiddie Pool and make it into a pond for the 3 Comet ...

Default Kiddie Pool As Pond????

Well my mom is planning on buying a Kiddie Pool and make it into a pond for the 3 Comet Goldfish. I will be the one taking care of wc's and whatnot with it since it wont have a filter at the beginning. Now how big should I try and find the Kiddie Pool? And what other percausions will I need to take with the setup?
    Avatar: Tilapia buttikoferi at feeding time

big as u can! then get a big filter and stuff...also, if its outside in winter wouldnt u need a heater?
    55gal - Meaty - Common Oscar
    33gal - Sevvy - Gold Severum
    10gal - 8ish Mbuna Fry
    5gal Nano - False Perc, Coral Banded Shrimp, GSP, Brain, Shrooms, Cloves, and Favia

Yes, depending on the size I will get a heater suitable for it. The only thing I may have a prob with is that wuldnt the heater pop the pool? Since after all heat and plastic dont really go!

Super Fish

You live in cali... if it doesnt freeze during winter itd be totally fine heaterless.
    Reef Addict

oh yeah, forgot he lives in cali
    55gal - Meaty - Common Oscar
    33gal - Sevvy - Gold Severum
    10gal - 8ish Mbuna Fry
    5gal Nano - False Perc, Coral Banded Shrimp, GSP, Brain, Shrooms, Cloves, and Favia

Well so far my friends pond hasnt froze and he has some koi, Im just a little nervous bout leaving them outside during the winter.

Are you serious about the kiddie pool. I mean really? What exactly are you planning on doing. Digging a hole and putting the kiddie pool in it to make a pond or something like that. If you have something different in mind I would like to know what you are planning on doing with the kiddie pool?

90 Gallon Reef 140 lbs LR(Fiji & Marshal), 80 lbs sand, 8 Scarlet Leg Hermit Crabs, 3 Nassarius snails, 6 Turbo snails, 2 Cleaner(Skunk)Shrimp, 2 Blood Red Fire Shrimp, 1 Emerald crab, 2 Clowns, 2 Cardinal fish, 1 firefish, 1 Sixline, 1 McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, 1 Green chromis, 1 Coral Beauty, 1 Hippo tang, 1 Sailfin tang.
    29 G custom sump + 5 gallon reservoir.

Itsjust going to be setup like a little pool but with boards on the side to keep it up. No digging cause we can get in trouble by our manager.

I don't want to be rude or anything. I don't see any point in doing this. It will just be a container that holds water and can hold fish. A bucket but wider and outside. To tell you the truth I don't see anything good coming out of this. Even though good luck with it. And do post some pics if you go through with it.

90 Gallon Reef 140 lbs LR(Fiji & Marshal), 80 lbs sand, 8 Scarlet Leg Hermit Crabs, 3 Nassarius snails, 6 Turbo snails, 2 Cleaner(Skunk)Shrimp, 2 Blood Red Fire Shrimp, 1 Emerald crab, 2 Clowns, 2 Cardinal fish, 1 firefish, 1 Sixline, 1 McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, 1 Green chromis, 1 Coral Beauty, 1 Hippo tang, 1 Sailfin tang.
    29 G custom sump + 5 gallon reservoir.

Well it is going to be better than a 10g tank. Im trying to make them as comfortable as possible after they had been shoved into a 10g tank by my mom. I didnt take it as being rude, I can see how this may seem farfetched.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast