Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Type of Cories

This is a discussion on Type of Cories within the FreshWater General Discussion forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Ok, so, I want to get some Corydoras!! The thing is, I don't know what type. I'll either get a ...

Default Type of Cories

Ok, so, I want to get some Corydoras!! The thing is, I don't know what type. I'll either get a TON of Pygmy Cories (my lfs has them for $2 each) or at least 6 bigger ones. I'll be putting them in my 30 gallon tank. They are scavengers, right?? I was also thinking about making my 150 into an Angel Tank. What do you guys think??
    100g Native Pond, 55g Goldfish/Community, 50g RES Pond, 40gB Angelfish Community, 30g Painted Turtle, 20gL Divided Betta (5), 20gL Guppy, 15g Reef, 10g Community, 5gFBH Fry

2 Dogs, 13 Cats, 2 Turtles, 1 Bearded Dragon

An awesome dog forum! (this is the link)

I like angels

lol!! How many can I put in a 150. I'm probably going to have a few scavengers and I don't want any pairs either. How can I make sure that I have all females (or something to prevent them from breeding)?? 2+ Angels + Spawning Time = Aggression and possible dead fish. Laura, was it you who had that little White Dwarf Angel??
    100g Native Pond, 55g Goldfish/Community, 50g RES Pond, 40gB Angelfish Community, 30g Painted Turtle, 20gL Divided Betta (5), 20gL Guppy, 15g Reef, 10g Community, 5gFBH Fry

Does your 30 g still have the goldfish? The cories would be too cold at goldfish temperatures.

Other than that, I vote for pygmies, as long as nothing will be in the tank big enough to snack on them. They are one of my favorite fish!
    20 g planted zebra danios, cardinal tetras, cherry barbs, otos

Oops!! Forgot to mention that. I'm thinking about putting 1 or 2 Red and White Ryukin Goldfish in my 30 gallon with a filter that was meant for a 50 gallon. I'm turning the 150 into a Tropical tank. That's what will have the Cories in it. How many Pygmies do you think I should get?? I'm still debating on the Angels in the 150 gallon. Would they pick on the Cories?? What if the Cories were there first and I got the Angel (thinking about a single Angel now) as a baby (which would be around 2-3 inches)??

Angels shouldn't pick on cories. You could do a huge school of pygmy cories in a 150g, but in a tank that size you could do a huge school or regular cories too!
    No way to tell if you have male or female angels until they breed. In a 150g, there's enough room that you could have a breeding pair in there and other fish would have places to hang out. I'd love a 150g full of angels! And yeah, Kiara, I had the dwarf angel - I have three of her siblings still in my 39g.
    Angels, clown loaches and congo tetras would be my vote

Awesome. Thanks!! I so want your little dwarf now, even though you got rid of her. What type of Angel was she?? She was absolutely beautiful!!

I believe she was called a blushing golden . . . . hon, in a 150g, you don't need a dwarf angel!!!

Bolivian rams are beautiful too! Also kuhli or dojo loaches

Pygmy cories are the cutest things EVER!

You know what you don't have yet?

SHRIMP

I know!! I want some Ghost Shrimp, but I'm afraid my Betta will eat them. She's already got a crazed look in her eyes when she sees new Platy fry, although she doesn't eat them. Anybody want some Platy babies?? Tiger Platy fry, anybody!! I need to get rid of these things!!! lol!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast