Pregnant Platy, Can You See the Fry??

This is a discussion on Pregnant Platy, Can You See the Fry?? within the FreshWater General Discussion forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
I was wondering, is it normal to see the fry in a Platy's stomach like this? Both of my Platies, ...

Default Pregnant Platy, Can You See the Fry??

I was wondering, is it normal to see the fry in a Platy's stomach like this? Both of my Platies, a Silver Wag and a Yellow Mickey Mouse Platy, are like this. My Mickey Mouse Platy is starting to get what looks like a gravid spot from the fry being all bundled up in one spot. Like I asked before, is this normal?
    100g Native Pond, 55g Goldfish/Community, 50g RES Pond, 40gB Angelfish Community, 30g Painted Turtle, 20gL Divided Betta (5), 20gL Guppy, 15g Reef, 10g Community, 5gFBH Fry

2 Dogs, 13 Cats, 2 Turtles, 1 Bearded Dragon

An awesome dog forum! (this is the link)

Sorry. I did NOT mean for it to be this big. But, a least you can see the fry!! lol
    100g Native Pond, 55g Goldfish/Community, 50g RES Pond, 40gB Angelfish Community, 30g Painted Turtle, 20gL Divided Betta (5), 20gL Guppy, 15g Reef, 10g Community, 5gFBH Fry

Normal, don't worry.

Thanks. I asked people in the past and they were freaking out cuz they never heard of that before. Plus, they were raising Red Wag Platies.

Teenie Weenie Fish

yup normal things, happens to my guppies all the time, it lets me know when they are about ready to pop
    78 gal rectangle, fish tank grave yard, now for sale as a reptile tank
    45 gal corner,
    Breeding yellow African Cichlids
    30 gal rectangle
    3 yellow electric Cichlids (2M 1F)
    4 M fancy tail guppies
    12 Red Rosies

25 gal octagon
    5 female guppies
    Unidentified snail
    Pest snails

anachris
    unidentified plant

Your friend with red wag platies couldn't see their fry inside the mum because of the pigmentation of the platy's skin. With fish that aren't as deeply pigmented, you can see lots of stuff inside them, especially with top/back lighting . . . .