Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me please!! White, stringy poo and not eating...

This is a discussion on Help me please!! White, stringy poo and not eating... within the FreshWater General Discussion forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Hey guys! I recently purchaced an adorable silver fantail goldfish from walmart (big mistake I know, I never try to ...

Wink Help me please!! White, stringy poo and not eating...

Hey guys!
    I recently purchaced an adorable silver fantail goldfish from walmart (big mistake I know, I never try to buy my fish from chain stores but it was a brand new shipment and he looked super healthy...ya ya, no excuses...) and now somethings wrong! Terribly wrong He won't eat at all.. he tries to but then spits it out (hint #1 something was amis) and I found the biggest, stringiest, most discusting poo EVER in his tank!!! Ahhhh!! Maybe internal paracites? if so, I have jungle paracite clear on hand...(for both internal and external paracites)

Also, My tank set up is 10 gallons with a 2 inch red cap oranda and a female guppy. Sponge filter, bubble stone, gravel, plants...all in check. Although I don't think any of this has anything to do with his problem...my Red Cap has been getting along swimmingly ever since I got her.

I would SOOOOO appreciate any advice from you guys! Thanks!

newman calls this white string of doom, i have no idea why he says that, maybe he will chime in.

22 G killifishtank planted tank.

Uh oh....that doesn't sound encouraging...

Also, I am into guppies as well, I hope whatever this mysterious thing is won't pass to my female if they are in the same tank... OR MY RED CAP! Should I take them out to prevent his problem from spreading???

if you have spare tank (Hospital tank) then highly recommend you to move the sick fish out.

Alrighty, thanks..unfortunately I don't have a big one, just a 1 1/2 gallon jar i use in emergancies, and that stresses them. His behavior seems normal, but i'm worried about the not eating part. Oh and there are no unusual lumps on his body as well.

You are better off adding 1tbsp/5gallon aquarium salt (basically non-iodised salt) in the tank, all fish perk up and maybe your goldie will start to eat.

Yeppers, Ive got that in there already...but thanks. It's like he's hungry, he zooms up to the food, sucks it up, then makes a face and spits it out. I tried peas but got the same reaction. Don't wanna loose him...or my other fishies...

may have some throat infection, i am just spit balling here so no idea really. try blanched spinach, boil till the spinach/roman lettuce goes soft and gooey, cool it under water and float it attached to string or aquarium clip if you got, watch all go mad eating it.

Ok i shall try that. Ive also heard that white stringy poo happens from stress??? I hope thats the case.

I'm boiling the lettuce right now...it smells a little unapatizing :b Thanks for the tip, maybe tempting him with a delicious snack will encourage his apitite.

I just got him three days ago...maybe he just isn't settled in yet, and thats what I'm hoping for *crossed fingers*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast