Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

16 Gallon Dutch Aquarium Journal (PICS!!)

This is a discussion on 16 Gallon Dutch Aquarium Journal (PICS!!) within the FreshWater General Discussion forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Originally Posted by Newman hairgrass? I really don't see any in that tank unless the bunch on the right is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    hairgrass? I really don't see any in that tank unless the bunch on the right is considered hairgrass (sorry I'm used to dwarf hairgrass, and that looks nothing like it...) but I agree you should spread it out. same goes for the micros...but that's up to your bro
    Damn, I meant microsword.. long day, doesn't help that I was up all night writing essays! Thanks for pointing that out.
    Rob King
    Graduate, singer, and all round good egg.

"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house." - Maria Callas.

Rob's tanks
    9 gallon bow-front, "nano-world":
    Currently collecting equipment.. slowly..

Well my brother has assumed full responsibility and control of the tank. Window shade was left open so the mint charlie has died, he has since kept the window shut. Also the algae was getting a little extreme so he added a golden inca snail and two oto's. The co2 was also modified to run through a gang valve and into one of the hagen mini elites, the gang valve is helping to keep the bottles from collapsing.
    To replace the mint charlies some Golden Ribbons were purchased, also the grass melted from having way way too much light with the window opened and was replaced with some bamboo. (I know bamboo is less than ideal but with 4wpg and proper fertz it will grow submersed).

Purchase Run down (all sourced at local petco).
    Golden Ribbon 6.99
    Bamboo 4.99
    Nutrafin plant grow 8.99
    Gang valve 8.99
    Air bar 2.99

Pictures:

Super Fish

Looks nice. I don't know that it's classified as dutch though, not yet anyway, they're "collectoritis" type tanks, with a ton of bushes designed in "buildings and streets".
    100, 29, 20, 10, 2.5

wow, I had no idea... and scaping streets is way out of our league right now lol.

Super Fish

Haha, I'm sure you'll get it in no time. Bushy plants will classify it as dutch, some ignore the "building and streets" design.
    100, 29, 20, 10, 2.5

I always thought that dutch was an aquarium that only had plants. This was going to be my plant farm tank but my brother took such a liking to it that I let him have it and just went pressurized in my 29 gallon.

Super Fish

Aquascaping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose we're both right. You just have to cover up more substrate.
    100, 29, 20, 10, 2.5

My brother was nice enough to send me some more pictures, enjoy.
    Side profile, really interested to track the bamboo, still looks healthy after one month of being submerged.

Otto relaxing

Full Frontal Shot

Super Fish

Lovely tank!
    29 gallon high
    -2 Mickey Mouse platies, 2 Dalmatian mollies, 3 bleeding heart tetras, 4 serpae tetras, 1 corydora catfish, 1 upside down catfish, Twiki (<3)
    -sword plant x4, water wisteria, java moss

20 gallon long
    -empty and in need of supplies!
    -hoping to convert 5 gallon to ADF/betta community

5 gallon long
    -Veiltail betta, Florence and a Mystery Snail, Jojo
    -anacharis, water wisteria, java moss

Rest in peace, Finn.

As of 10/6/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12