Is this play sand safe?

This is a discussion on Is this play sand safe? within the FreshWater General Discussion forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Quikrete at Lowe's: 50 Lb. Play Sand its from lowe's. and it looks good, but just wanted to make sure ...

Little Fish

Default Is this play sand safe?

Quikrete at Lowe's: 50 Lb. Play Sand

its from lowe's. and it looks good, but just wanted to make
    sure if it was safe to add to my tank. i want to use it to
    plant some hairgrass.

I am going to say it is fine

I bought 50 punds of play sand for my 10 gallon dwarf puffer tank from lowes. The bag was different (clear) and only cost like 5 dollars at the most. Dwarf puffers are not really hardy so since they are doing fine in it, I'd say it's good. Just make sure you wash it good.
    CLICK THE TITLE FOR THE THREAD
    20 Gallon High Reef
    orange skunk clowns, yellow watchman goby, bangai cardinal
    46 Gallon Planted
    keyhole cichlids, angelfish, otocinclus, neon tetras

Little Fish

Play sand works just fine. I used to have it in my crabs tank, but I replaced it bc it started to harbor algae and was a pain when I did water changes.

5g - 1 betta, 1 mini cory, 1 snail

20g Long - 3 fire-bellied toads

29g: - 2 Platies, 3 Glassfish, 2 Mollies, 1 Bronze Cory, 3 Hi-Fin Cories, 2 Albino Cories, 3 Neons, 1 Spotted Raphael, 2 Angels

29g - 1 Red-Bellied Cooter, 1 RES, Feeder Guppies, some Ghost Shrimp, some crayfish