Neon tetra babies

This is a discussion on Neon tetra babies within the FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Does anyone have pictures of what these babies look like. I have some weird looking little things in my tank ...

Default Neon tetra babies

Does anyone have pictures of what these babies look like. I have some weird looking little things in my tank and I have no Idea what they are.. Thank you!!

what do they look like? neons like all tetra babies when born will like little slivers of glass hanging on to the side of the tank or plants. when they get bigger they look like newborn guppies and then start to get their colours and shapes after a while. congrats if they are neon babies!

Yup that's exactly right, check out this thread for more info on conditioning etc:

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/show...1572#post61572
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman

Thanks for all your help you guys are great. Its weird because my other fish had babies and they actually look like baby fish so I got a breeding net to put in the tank and I put the babies in there then 3 days later I see these other things swimming around in there I have no Idea how they got there but there are two baby Neon tetra. I guess all my fish wanted to have babies at the same time.
    So should I feed them anything special? I have been breaking up the regular fish food and they seem to be doing ok? Any suggestions?? Thanks again everyone!

Super Fish

If they're doing fine, keep doing it. You can buy extra fine fry foods, they're quite good for really small fry.
    Congratualtions, sounds like your fish are doing good.

Thanks I will get some of that!!

yea you could feed them mircoworms depending on how big they are now. thats really awsome that your neons breed as they are supposed to be one of the hardest tetra to breed apart from cardinals! keep up the good work!

Yo yo, well done Lynnie! Fish do seem to breed at all the same time for some reason, my lemons bred (and still are quite regularly) and then my glowlights started to! i think i need to get some neons, however the other fish eat all the eggs and they don't get a chance to survive!

Luca.

Teenie Weenie Fish

Quote Originally Posted by tetra girl View Post
    what do they look like? neons like all tetra babies when born will like little slivers of glass hanging on to the side of the tank or plants. when they get bigger they look like newborn guppies and then start to get their colours and shapes after a while. congrats if they are neon babies!
    i bought two neons from the pet store , not knowing one was a male and one was a female. i noticed one was swimming funny and was really fat. didn't think nothing of it. i looked in my tank today and noticed little dust like particals floating in my tank, so i looked closer and theres like a hundred little babies. wow, wasn't edspecting that. so now what do i do. i know i need to take the male and female out. but how do i feed them ??? help someone.

firstly.. WOW.. this thread is 9 years old! and i haven't posted since then! haha... funny. [and just wrote a big msg then hit 'reply to thread' not realising i was spose to hit 'post quick reply' and lost the whole thing, ugh!] congrats on the fry that's wicked. the best thing to feed them is greenwater/infusoria (google it) or an easier way is to feed them JBL novo tom powder, just mix a pinch in a jar first then add it in every other day. the ideal is a combination of both. the 'juice'/liquid from a microworm mix can be added also. you want to have a cycled sponge filter going and do 10% daily water changes or every other day with fresh aged water, then you can't go wrong. how big is the tank? remove the parents too or they will eat them

ps funnily enough i'm going to try breeding them soon too