Aquarium noob with bubbles on inside of tank, is this normal?

This is a discussion on Aquarium noob with bubbles on inside of tank, is this normal? within the FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
I just bought myself a 10 gallon beginners aquarium on a spur of the moment thing, i've set it up ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default Aquarium noob with bubbles on inside of tank, is this normal?

I just bought myself a 10 gallon beginners aquarium on a spur of the moment thing, i've set it up according to the manual and now the whole of the inside of the tank (gravel, decor and all over the inside of the glass) is covered in bubbles. firstly are they likely to be oxygen or nitrogen and is this normal when you turn on a filter for the first time and will they clear?

I think it's normal, if I remember correctly that happened to my 10g when I set it up. I think mine took about a week to go away.
    20g Long: (Planted heavily!)

1 Yellow Gourami (Fred)
    10 Neon Tetra's
    2 Snails
    1 RL Pleco

It's completely normal with a new tank. The bubbles should disappear in a few days.
    Lotus and Ecotank's tanks

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Teenie Weenie Fish

don't forget to cycle your tank before you put any fish in

Teenie Weenie Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelh218 View Post
    don't forget to cycle your tank before you put any fish in
    what does this mean?

total noob i know

Check out the link in my signature or some of the stickies in the forums. Make sure to read up on cycling before you get any fish!
    http://missfishy.tripod.com/
    The Basic Guide to Cycling a Tank, Sick Fish and more!
    Updated 10/13/09 with a new layout!