What are signs of guppy labor?

This is a discussion on What are signs of guppy labor? within the FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
As most of you know I have a pregnant guppy, and you can get all the info from my thread. ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default What are signs of guppy labor?

As most of you know I have a pregnant guppy, and you can get all the info from my thread. I took her out of her floating breeder and wanted to know what the signs of labor will be, so that when she shows them, I can put her back into her floating breeder! Thanks for the help!
    Megan

sometimes they will detatch themselves from the group and just keep to themselves, usually hanging out at the surface away from the direct lights... and then sometimes they wont give any signs at all.

Teenie Weenie Fish

Thanks...she was showing those signs, but then when I put her in her floater breeder, she "miscarried again"!!! I don't know if she was even in labor, but she was keeping to herself! As soon as i put her in her floater, she pooped pink again, bright pink, and then her dark spot went away, and she looks smaller again. I don't get it! I don't understand whats going on...last time this happened, I let her out, and she got her dark spot back again, and her belly started to get bigger. The male was very unhappy with her in the breeder, he was sitting on the bottom of the tank, and wasn't moving, but as soon as I let her out, he was happy again. So I think I will just let her have her babies in the tank, hopefully she does it when I am around so i can save the little ones! Has anyone else had this problem with floating breeders?
    THanks,
    Megan