Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

African Dwarf Frogs - How many bloodworms to feed them?

This is a discussion on African Dwarf Frogs - How many bloodworms to feed them? within the FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
Hi there, I recently got a few in a ADF-only tank, and I've been feeding them thawed frozen bloodworms, but ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default African Dwarf Frogs - How many bloodworms to feed them?

Hi there,

I recently got a few in a ADF-only tank, and I've been feeding them thawed frozen bloodworms, but I don't know how many I ought to feed them.

Do you know how many worms per frog is appropriate for feeding every other day?

Thanks =-)

Teenie Weenie Fish

Revised! Extensive African Dwarf Frog Article/FAQ

http://davidcecere.pipidae.org/

Check out above two links for info on ADF's. You should probably list how many and the sizes of your frogs too.
    Lenny
    Check out an alternative to the FISH KILLING 1" per gallon rule!
    Pictures of Fish and Tanks
    65 G: 4 - Fantail Goldfish, 1 - juvi. Common Pleco, 2 GM Snails, Planted, Dbl. Filtrn.
    20 G: 2 - Blue Gouramis, 6 - Zebra Danios, 1 GM Snail, Planted.
    10 G: 5 - Albino Buenos Aires Tetras, Dbl. Filtrn.

when i was about 5 years old i had one and fed it till it had a litle pot belly but not so that it looked like he swallowed a marble
    Life is an interseting journey,
    You never know where it'll take you.
    Peaks and valleys, twists and turns,
    You can get the surprise of your life.
    Sometimes on the way to where your going,
    You may think 'this is the worst time of my life',
    But you know what?
    At the end of the road, through all the adversity,
    You get where ever you wanted to be, you remember,
    Whatever don't kill you, make you stronger.
    And all the adversity was worth it.

pot belly is what you'll find. I try to get 3-4 worms in them that I can see and chance they get more before the vaccuum fish come by.

there is a sticky from leo as well, and that pipedae sitel isted above is great too.
    My tank: 30g, 1 betta (fishey Joe), 2 clown loaches (Spork and Loachey), 4 emerald cories, some plants.
    2 ADF's in a private 5 g

Can you place ADFs with other fish or frogs? Do they need to be separated?
    Getting back into it after...moving from Texas to California, going to Iraq, getting back home and then moving to Louisiana! Now that we're settled again...I guess I can see what is left of my aquatic stash!

Teenie Weenie Fish

Some people have success mixing ADF's and fish but be careful and check compatibility on each fish or the fish could become frog food or the frog's fish food. Check out the two links I posted in the #2 post above.
    Lenny
    Check out an alternative to the FISH KILLING 1" per gallon rule!
    Pictures of Fish and Tanks
    65 G: 4 - Fantail Goldfish, 1 - juvi. Common Pleco, 2 GM Snails, Planted, Dbl. Filtrn.
    20 G: 2 - Blue Gouramis, 6 - Zebra Danios, 1 GM Snail, Planted.
    10 G: 5 - Albino Buenos Aires Tetras, Dbl. Filtrn.

Most fish have a stomach roughly the size of their eyeball. I'm not sure how big a frog's stomach is, but I would imagine it's not that different. A human's stomach is about the size of his closed fist. I feed fish really light whenever possible, and I think the same plan for frogs would be good. If I see a lot of pooping going on, then I cut back on feeding. Just as long as their piping works, I don't need to be flushing it out every day, know what I mean.
    Love, Peace, & Soul,...
    Delta
    ________I am the Chosen One_I bring balance to the forum
    Hillstream Loach Planted River Tank ~4.5wpg ODNO DIY CO2
    ________"A Proud Member of the Anti-Ballistic Comment Treaty"
    PS: my school web account got closed down after graduation, so none of my pictures in old threads are accessible until I move them all elsewhere, sorry.

LOL, NoDelta, I guess that is some good advice. Just need to know that the piping is working.
    Getting back into it after...moving from Texas to California, going to Iraq, getting back home and then moving to Louisiana! Now that we're settled again...I guess I can see what is left of my aquatic stash!

Thanks, GoldLenny that helps. I will mark those pages for further review.

For frog and fish compatibility :Read my sig. for my experience.

They do well with peaceful fish that CAN'T FIT INTO THEIR MOUTHS (fry or fry-sized fish)! trust me, I know this for a fact.
    My tank: 30g, 1 betta (fishey Joe), 2 clown loaches (Spork and Loachey), 4 emerald cories, some plants.
    2 ADF's in a private 5 g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast