Getting Fish Out of Bag?

This is a discussion on Getting Fish Out of Bag? within the FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions forums, part of the FreshWater Topics category;
I was just reading the thread on Bag Floating Time and I was wondering how all of you get the ...

Default Getting Fish Out of Bag?

I was just reading the thread on Bag Floating Time and I was wondering how all of you get the fish out of the bag without the water....usally when I buy several of the same fish my lfs will put 2-3 fish in the same bag...it can be difficult to get the fish out that way...I have been just putting the net over a bucket and pouring trying to get 1 fish at a time while keeping enough water in the bag for the other fish...is there a better way?

Thx
    "Ladies & Gentlemen, Take my advice: Drop your pants and slide on the ice!"

40 gal Planted:
    3 Zebra Danios, 3 Long-Finned Blue Danios, 2 Long-Finned Leopard Danios, 2 Horse-Faced Loaches, 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Ottos, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches, 6 Glowlights, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, Too many Guppies! (Eventually going back to LFS)

20 gal Planted:
    11 Neon Tetras, 2 Ottos, 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Amano Shrimp, Too many Guppies (Again!)

10 gal Planted:
    1 Crown Betta, 2 African Dwarf Frogs, 1 Siamese Algae Eater

Plants:
    Amazon Sword, Dwarf Ambulia (Limnophila Sessiliflora), java fern, java moss, sri lanka hydrophila, Anacharis (Egeria Densa), Dwarf Sag, Corkscrew Val, Banana Plant (nymphoides aquatica), Hornwort

I have a small net that I use...just stick the net in the bag and I net as many out as possible at a time! I don't know that theres a good way to do it
    Just me and the critters! 55g FW tank, cat (Noel), dog (Scotch), and horse (Freckles)

I just let the bag sit then open the top of the bag completly put a net on the open part and pour out over the sink the fish go in the net then put them in the tank =)
    don't think to hard you can hurt yourself

Teenie Weenie Fish

pour the water into the net, let all the fish out at once. unles you got some real delicate.

Teenie Weenie Fish

I have a small half gallon critter keeper I used to keep a betta in and I put the bag in after it equalizes with the tank's water and then fill to the top with some water from the tank. I cut the bag and let everything spill into each other and then use a net to transfer the fish a few minutes later. I used to dump the bag out into a bucket and catch the fish as they fell out but this seemed really stressful.

you can open the bag, and use a net to get them. u dont have to get all of them at the same time

i use a 5 gal bucket, pour the fish into the bucket and get them out one at a time(pour extra tank water in the bucket also). i do hate when my lfs puts more then one type of fish in the bag, thats why i put my fish in like this. i also have a really small net i use for small fish and shrimps, i put the fish bag into a round tupperware container to hold the shape, and cut the top of the bag off, then scoop out the fish. plus i also add stress coat to the water to help out, and once the fish are in the tank, they do great!
    Have you hugged your clowns today?

I pour the bag into a net over a bucket, and then pick out the fish I want. I of course do this in separate loads if the fish are hard to tell apart from bag to bag.

If your LFS put similar looking fish of different species into the same bag never go back to that LFS again!!!

mfj

i put a smooth plastic collander in a bowl, and gently pour the water and fish in the collander/bowl (while over the kitchen sink). i walk over to the tank, lift the collander out of the bowl, and put the collander in the tank and let the fish swim away.
    125 gal - 1 pleco, 1 kisser, 2 golden angels, 2 gold gouramis, 3 silver dollars, 3 balas, 5 guppies, 6 otos, 11 neons.
    10 gal quarantine - empty

Yes....just pour into a net and drop in tank ......

O and i said that about not dumping into the tank.....i feel special
    -Matt
    Check out my YOUTUBE channel for videos of my fish and more! - http://www.youtube.com/user/Clemmatt