Goldfish is bent in half

This is a discussion on Goldfish is bent in half within the Disease Forum forums, part of the Misc. Category category;
My goldfish is on the bottom of the tank, curled in half and cant swim or eat. Does anyone have ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default Goldfish is bent in half

My goldfish is on the bottom of the tank, curled in half and cant swim or eat. Does anyone have a clue?

Teenie Weenie Fish

Red face diseased goldfish

my fish is bent in half and laying on the bottom

umm... Is there anyother fish in this tank? It could ba a disease but i think he is just dying, well if he kind swim he is defintly dying sorry

Doesn't sound good...if he can't swim and can't eat...then chances are good that you should probably put him out of his misery...sorry
    Just me and the critters! 46g bowfront FW tank, cat (Noel), dog (Scotch), dog (Brandy), and horse (Freckles).

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default reply to dying goldfish

Yes, I had another fish die earlier this week, but no symptoms for him. Someone says they think it's fatal for sure, but they don't know what it is. Thanks for the input.

Super Fish

What else is in your tank Amy and have you done water tests recently? If this spine bending has been gradual it might be an inherited deformity, if it's happened quickly it's probably physical damage. Is there another fish there that might have inflicted this kind of damage, maybe a large pleco, or any decor/rockwork that might have collapsed? Do you have very young children who could've handled the fish too heavily?
    ......who stole my banner?

Little Fish

Bent spines in goldfish is usually due to poor diet and a vitamin deficiency. Could also be due to water conditions. What is your ammoina, nitrite, nitrate, and ph readings???
    Jennifer and my 18goldfish, and 1 betta. Tanks: 125g, 55g, 55g, 33g, 20g, 10g (bettas home) and 4 ponds (Keeping golds 15 years)