Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sucker fish

This is a discussion on sucker fish within the Breeding forums, part of the Misc. Category category;
i was thinking about breeding sucker fish bit i don't know how to tell if there a boy or girl. ...

Teenie Weenie Fish

Default sucker fish

i was thinking about breeding sucker fish bit i don't know how to tell if there a boy or girl. So can anyone tell me how to rell if there a boy or a girl. And how to breed them please?

Sucker fish? Do you mean catfish or pleco's or maybe algae eater's? I can't really help since i don't know what it is. But i'm pretty sure you mean pleco's, guess i'm not to big on catfish.

From what i have read it is very difficult or not known how to sex them. Your best bet would be to get 3-5 of them. And i'm not sure but i believe the bristle nose pleco would be easiest to breed. At least i have heard of many people being able to breed them.
    -30 gal saltwater- 2 bar gobies, sixline wrasse, lawnmower blenny, 2 pistol shrimp, colt coral, and multiple star polyp colonies.

-30 gal freshwater- 3 Brishardi cichlids, 2 synodontis catfish.

Yeah, bristlenoses are quite easy to breed. Ive bred them lots of times. Males will have bristles around and on the snout, females sometimes have bristles but they are shorter and there isnt as many as males have. A lot of females wont have bristles at all.
    35 GAL - 1 Angelfish, 4 platies, 2 baby bristlenose plecs

Teenie Weenie Fish

Talking

yeah i talking about the big black catfish. but you've still helped me.

You mean Common Plecos??? They are difficult to breed and get very large.
    29g Cube - Planted - Heterandria formosa, Lucania goodei & Otocinclus vestitus

Teenie Weenie Fish

Talking

why are they hard to breed?

Teenie Weenie Fish

the common plecos do get very big.

my aunt threw a few in her koi pond and my dad keeps them during the winter, and theyre about a foot long, if not bigger
    29 gallon
    1 male convict, 1 female convict(breeding pair), about 50 babys, 1 albina chocolate plecos

55 gallon
    2 healthy african leaf fish(hoping to breed) 1 bolivian ram

Teenie Weenie Fish

wow that's big!

Teenie Weenie Fish

Talking

So how would you breed them? and what is a good tank set up foe breeding them?

Peter dont take this the wrong way but you still havent said what kind of fish it is, we are assuming you mean common plecos but sucker fish and the big black catfish doesnt really help anyone answer your question. Then with plecos there are tons of varities so you probably need to narrow it down to the exact pleco you are interested in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast