Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do gourami eggs look like?:confused:

This is a discussion on What do gourami eggs look like?:confused: within the Breeding forums, part of the Misc. Category category;
I have a pair of gourami's and I think I have eggs and thier on the plant the male is ...

Teenie Weenie Fish wolven_fish13's Avatar

Question What do gourami eggs look like?:confused:

I have a pair of gourami's and I think I have eggs and thier on the plant the male is acting aggresive but I want to make sure.And what will happen if I leave the female in?

1. 10 gallon tank
    2. one '8 'inch angel
    3. 2 dwarf goramis
    4. 3 glass tetras
    5. 1 neon tetra

Gouramis are bubble nest builders, so I highly doubt the eggs belong to them. Altho anything is possible I guess. You should be able to tell if they belong to the gouramis as fish will normally tend to their eggs. Is the gouramis messing with them at all?

Do you have snails? If so it is very possible that they are snail eggs. You could also look at your large angel. Angels will lay on leaves, and if your big guy is a she it's not unheard of for them to lay eggs without a partner in the tank.

Teenie Weenie Fish

First, i think your tank has way too many fish in it. But, the eggs could be from the Angel who lays them on polant material. An angel fish really needs a minimum of 30 gallons when grown. And if ytou want to breed the gouyramis you need to have them in a 10 gallon all to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorazoo
    First, i think your tank has way too many fish in it. But, the eggs could be from the Angel who lays them on polant material. An angel fish really needs a minimum of 30 gallons when grown. And if ytou want to breed the gouyramis you need to have them in a 10 gallon all to themselves.
    Be easy on wolvenblue, (he or she) is probably a newbie, and the gouramis dont need a 10 gallon alone but is preferred.

If the eggs are like little dots within a jelly ish looking coating, it is most likely snail eggs, just ordinary pond snails if you dont have any other kinds.
    Are you sure you have a pair? is one grey and the other colorful? I have heard from my localfishstore(LFS) that females are hard to come along.
    But in the case it is not snail eggs, im fairly sure that your angel was just puttin out eggs for the fun of it, if you will.

I also hate to break it to you, but your ten gallon is overstocked. the general rule is one inch of fish per gallon. For more info, check out the stickies in the Beginner section, really a world of help when i first started. Good luck if they are eggs!
    40 Gallon Reef: 80lbs LR, 250w MH, 15+ gal Sump, AquaC Remora, Koriala #2,#3

29 Gallon: My yellow angel (Sonny), 6 neons,7 other tetras and my CAE...ugh. hes huge

Default Ok

The bubbles are on my duckweed I have in the tank and the male is tendong to them a lot.I'm pretty sure those or gourami eggs.I just want to be sure.
    wolven_fish13

Lotus and Ecotank's tanks

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Ok I do have eggs then.Thats wat they look like.How many fry will I get when the hatch?
    wolven_fish13

If my angel is in to small of a tank then why has she survide in it for 8 years and she's never gotten sick?
    wolven_fish13

first of all, you are one lucky dude or dudette. the # of babies is impossible to justify however, there might be about 30 eggs. plus, when they hatch some WILL get eaten. If adequately guarded and fed about 10-15 will survive (if youre lucky). They will be small and vulnerable, but are usually guarded well by parents. once again. you're lucky and i envy you. (for more info, try googling it like; *dwarf gourami breeding*)

15 gal high - 2 black mollys, 4 yellow lyretail mollys, 4 ghost catfish, 2 red dwarf gouramis, 4 glolight tetras, 1 pleco (mini)
    10 gal - 2 "mutt" guppies, 6 neon tetras, bunch o' mystery snails, 2 silver lyretail mollys 1 CAE
    5 gal - 4 neon tetras, 2 "mutt" guppies, 1 cae, 2 glass fish, 1 mini pleco

I'm new to owning gouramis and then a day latter I seee eggs!Even though I did some serios reaserch ont them.Oh and i'm a dudette
    wolven_fish13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast